CS/CS/SB 1166: Broadband Internet Service
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Commerce and Tourism ; Albritton
Broadband Internet Service; Authorizing certain funds within the State Transportation Trust Fund to be used for certain broadband infrastructure projects within or adjacent to multiuse corridors; designating the Department of Economic Opportunity, and not the Department of Management Services, as the lead state entity to facilitate the expansion of broadband Internet service in this state; creating the Florida Office of Broadband within the Division of Community Development within the Department of Economic Opportunity, etc.
Last Action: 3/5/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 969 -SJ 419
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 85
• Introduced -SJ 85
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 01/28/20, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 215
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 220
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 02/13/20, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 326
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/20/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 346
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 351
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/20 -SJ 461
• Read 2nd time -SJ 418
• Substituted CS/HB 969 -SJ 419
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 969 -SJ 419
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.