SB 1218: Anti-bullying and Anti-harassment in Schools
GENERAL BILL by Diaz
Anti-bullying and Anti-harassment in Schools; Expanding the information that private schools participating in an educational scholarship program are required to publish and provide to parents; requiring such private schools to adopt bullying and harassment policies; requiring such schools to report bullying and harassment incidents to the Department of Education, etc.
Last Action: 1/29/2020 Senate - Now in Rules
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Rules -SJ 89
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/13/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 153
• Introduced -SJ 89
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/28/20, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 214
• Now in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.