CS/HB 1343: Environmental Resource Management
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Payne ; Ingoglia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Buchanan ; Caruso ; Clemons ; Daniels ; Driskell ; Eagle ; Hogan Johnson ; Jacobs ; Joseph ; Overdorf ; Roth ; Sirois ; Toledo ; Zika
Environmental Resource Management; Requires DOH & DEP to submit reports & recommendations relating to transfer of Onsite Sewage Program in DOH to DEP; transfers Onsite Sewage Program from DOH to DEP; requires WMDs to submit consolidated annual reports to OEDR; removes provisions relating to DOH technical review & advisory panel & research & review advisory committee; requires DEP to conduct bottled water study; prohibits approval of certain consumptive use permits; authorizes nutrient reducing OSTDS; creates OSTDS technical advisory committee; requires basin management action plans to include plans & cooperative elements; requires DEP to submit cost estimates to OEDR; provides priority funding for utility projects; provides for biosolids management & water quality monitoring; revises administrative penalties; prohibits legal rights for environment.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 House - Laid on Table - Companion bill(s) CS/CS/SB 712 passed -HJ 1070
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 120
• Referred to Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 400
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 01/28/20, 12:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 449
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 449
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/11/20, 4:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 28 NAYS 0 -HJ 552
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 552
• PCS on Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/27/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 7 -HJ 694
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 693
• CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 691
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 891
• Laid on Table - Companion bill(s) CS/CS/SB 712 passed -HJ 1070
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.