SB 1362: Rental Agreements
GENERAL BILL by Rodriguez
Rental Agreements; Repealing a provision relating to the termination of a rental agreement upon foreclosure; creating the "Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act"; providing for the assumption of interest in certain foreclosures on dwellings or residential real property; requiring the director of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to notify the Division of Law Revision of the repeal of the Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act of 2009 within a specified timeframe, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Ordered enrolled -SJ 660
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 101
• Introduced -SJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/21/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 153
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 02/11/20, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 268
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/19/20, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -SJ 325
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/26/20 -SJ 346
• Read 2nd time -SJ 340
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 370
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 370
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 812
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/20
• Received -HJ 812
• Read 2nd time -HJ 990
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1026
• Passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 1026
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 660
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.