SB 1376: Credit For Reinsurance
Credit For Reinsurance; Adding conditions under which a ceding insurer must be allowed credit for reinsurance; specifying requirements for assuming insurers and reinsurance agreements; authorizing a ceding insurer or its representative that is subject to rehabilitation, liquidation, or conservation to seek a certain court order; authorizing the Office of Insurance Regulation to revoke or suspend an assuming insurer’s eligibility under certain conditions, etc.
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 102
• Introduced -SJ 102
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/21/20, 12:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 154
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/28/20, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 214
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/02/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 374
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/20 -SJ 550
• Read 2nd time -SJ 540
• Read 3rd time -SJ 540
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 540
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1008
• Received -HJ 1008
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 1069
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.