CS/CS/SB 1404: Financial Services
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Perry ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Brandes
Financial Services; Specifying powers and duties of the Division of Public Assistance Fraud; prohibiting individuals working for entities covered by the State Risk Management Trust Fund from engaging in retaliatory conduct against sexual harassment victims; prohibiting persons from acting as or advertising themselves as being funeral directors, embalmers, direct disposers, or preneed sales agents unless they are so licensed; providing that certain persons serving as volunteer firefighters may serve as a regular or permanent firefighter for a limited period, subject to certain restrictions, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government (AEG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 104
• Introduced -SJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/21/20, 12:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 154
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 199
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 02/18/20, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 346
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/03/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 12 NAYS 8 -SJ 461
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20 -SJ 519
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 464
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 518
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 550
• Retained on Calendar
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.