CS/SB 162: Public Records
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Perry
Public Records; Prohibiting an agency that receives a request to inspect or copy a record from responding to such request by filing an action for declaratory relief against the requester, etc.
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 16
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 10/14/19, 2:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 132
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 11/05/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 133
• Now in Rules
• Introduced -SJ 16
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/19/20, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 346
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 347
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/20 -SJ 550
• Read 2nd time -SJ 543
• Amendment(s) failed (590792) -SJ 543
• Read 3rd time -SJ 543
• Temporarily postponed on 3rd reading; On Unfinished Business -SJ 543
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.