CS/SB 372: Postsecondary Education for Certain Military Personnel
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Lee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Cruz ; Harrell ; Broxson ; Perry ; Stewart
Postsecondary Education for Certain Military Personnel; Requiring the Board of Governors and the State Board of Education, in consultation with the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, to create a process for the uniform award of postsecondary credit or career education clock hours to certain servicemembers and veterans of the United States Armed Forces; requiring certain postsecondary institutions to award uniform postsecondary credit or career education clock hours for specified courses taken and occupations held by individuals during their service in the military, etc.
Last Action: 3/4/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 171 (Ch. 2020-80) -SJ 382
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Military and Veterans Affairs and Space (MS)
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; Education; Appropriations -SJ 29
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs and Space, 11/13/19, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 132
• Now in Education
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 12/09/19, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 133
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 28
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 124
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 01/23/20, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/12/20 -SJ 267
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 267
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/20 -SJ 374
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 374
• Read 2nd time -SJ 382
• Substituted CS/HB 171 -SJ 382
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 171 (Ch. 2020-80) -SJ 382
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.