CS/HB 505: Estates and Trusts
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Driskell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fernandez-Barquin ; Hart ; Pritchett
Estates and Trusts; Revises provisions for estates and trusts related to precious metals as property, notice requirements for jurisdiction, filing of objections, sales involving conflicts of interest, and compensation for serving as personal representative or trustee.
Last Action: 3/11/2020 House - Ordered enrolled -HJ 1127
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 42
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 12/12/19, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 325
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 383
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 383
• Introduced -HJ 42
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 280
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/23/20, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 440
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 440
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/05/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 493
• Read 3rd time -HJ 493
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 493
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Rules -SJ 314
• Received -SJ 313
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Rules -SJ 583
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 358 -SJ 583
• Read 2nd time -SJ 583
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 671
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1127
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.