CS/HB 529: Insurance Guaranty Associations
GENERAL BILL by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Webb ; Donalds ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Stark ; Stevenson
Insurance Guaranty Associations; Revises obligations of Florida Insurance Guaranty Association, Incorporated, for policies covering condominium associations & homeowners' associations; revises percentage limits on emergency assessments levied against insurers by OIR.
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; Commerce Committee -HJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/15/20, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 44
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 395
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 380
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 410
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 02/11/20, 9:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 534
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 534
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/20/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 628
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 628
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 839
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 989
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 1022
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1069
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 1069
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 724
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 682
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 898 -SJ 682
• Received -SJ 724
• Read 2nd time -SJ 682
• Read 3rd time -SJ 682
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 682
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1127
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-155
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.