CS/HB 609: Environmental Contamination
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Perez
Environmental Contamination; Authorizes use of Inland Protection Trust Fund for activities related to petroleum storage system removal & replacement & certain damages; requires assessment reports & Petroleum Cleanup Participation Program agreements to include cost savings; removes certain requirements for copayments; requires advanced cleanup applications to include certain agreements; requires contractors to submit scopes of work for certain assessments; directs DEP to issue certain purchase orders; specifies strict liability exceptions for certain causes of action.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 House - Laid on Table - Companion bill(s) CS/SB 702 passed -HJ 1070
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 50
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 01/15/20, 1:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 50
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 392
• Now in Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 392
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/28/20, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 448
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 448
• PCS on Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/20/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -HJ 639
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 638
• CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 634
• Laid on Table - Companion bill(s) CS/SB 702 passed -HJ 1070
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.