CS/CS/SB 700: Juvenile Justice
Juvenile Justice; Revising the name of a program and creating an additional program within the Department of Juvenile Justice; repealing a provision relating to shared county and state responsibility for juvenile detention; deleting a provision requiring each county that is not a fiscally constrained county to pay its annual percentage share of the total shared detention costs; deleting a requirement that limits diversion program expunction to programs for misdemeanor offenses, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 53
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/14/20, 2:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 53
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 154
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 186
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 01/28/20, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 216
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/20/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 346
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 349
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/20 -SJ 550
• Read 2nd time -SJ 541
• Amendment(s) adopted (204448) -SJ 541
• Read 3rd time -SJ 542
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 542
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1002
• Received -HJ 1002
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1068
• Amendment(s) adopted (601895) -HJ 1068
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1123
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 1123
• In returning messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.