CS/CS/SB 7010: OGSR/Servicemembers and the Spouses and Dependents of Servicemembers
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Military and Veterans Affairs and Space
OGSR/Servicemembers and the Spouses and Dependents of Servicemembers; Amending a provision which provides a public records exemption for the identification and location information of servicemembers and the spouses and dependents of servicemembers; narrowing the exemption by requiring the servicemember to have been deployed to overseas service for the United States Department of Defense; revising the scheduled repeal of the exemption, etc.
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Submitted for consideration by Military and Veterans Affairs and Space
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs and Space, 11/13/19, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 119
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/13/20, 1:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 134
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Introduced -SJ 119
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 130
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/29/20, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/12/20, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/19/20, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/26/20, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 357
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/20 -SJ 374
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 362
• Read 2nd time -SJ 374
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 410
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 410, 411
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.