SJR 7062: Citizen Initiative
JOINT RESOLUTION by Judiciary
Citizen Initiative; Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to revise threshold requirements for the number of petitions signed by electors needed in order for a citizen initiative to amend or revise the State Constitution to be placed on the ballot, etc.
- Rules (RC)
• Submitted for consideration by Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/19/20, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Judiciary; YEAS 4 NAYS 2
• Referred to Rules -SJ 347
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/26/20, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/02/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 347
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.