CS/HB 7097: Taxation
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Ways and Means Committee ; Avila ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Beltran ; Eagle ; Fischer ; Hill
Taxation; Increasing a population limit on counties that may use tourist development tax revenues for certain uses; extending the timeframe within which certain changes to property damaged or destroyed by Hurricane Michael must commence to prevent the assessed value of the property from increasing; revising the deadlines for applying for additional ad valorem tax exemptions for certain servicemembers for a specified tax year; authorizing a property appraiser in a county for which the Governor has declared a state of emergency to post notices of proposed property taxes on its website if mailing the notice is not possible; providing sales tax exemptions for certain clothing, wallets, bags, school supplies, personal computers, and personal computer-related accessories during a certain timeframe; providing sales tax exemptions for certain disaster preparedness supplies during a certain timeframe, etc. APPROPRIATION: $311,000
- Appropriations (AP)
• Introduced -HJ 623
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 638
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/25/20, 3:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 25 NAYS 4 -HJ 678
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 677
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 681
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 771
• Amendment(s) failed (039417, 099283, 130203, 136355, 170247, 333617, 368563, 550823, 582533, 688293, 775793, 782289, 966571, 969289) -HJ 771,804
• Amendment(s) adopted (080695, 859567) -HJ 800,804
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 829
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 97 NAYS 16 -HJ 829
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 527
• Received -SJ 526
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/11/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by- Appropriations (882296); YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 723
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/12/20 -SJ 845
• Read 2nd time -SJ 776
• Amendment(s) adopted (271678) -SJ 826
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 888
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, withdrawn (271678) -SJ 890
• Amendment(s) adopted (204786) -SJ 902
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 2 -SJ 902
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 2 amendment(s) (204786, 577084) -HJ 1238, 1249
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 104 NAYS 8 -HJ 1249
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1249
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-10
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.