HB 855: Special Districts
GENERAL BILL by Payne ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Beltran
Special Districts; Revises method by which special district may post its final audit report on its website; deletes requirement that public facilities report & meeting materials be posted on the special district's website.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1466 (Ch. 2020-77) -HJ 1070
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local Administration Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 72
• On Committee agenda-- Local Administration Subcommittee, 01/16/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 72
• Favorable by Local Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 396
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee -HJ 396
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 01/29/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 464
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 464
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/06/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 517
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 517
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 891
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 967
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 1020
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1466 (Ch. 2020-77) -HJ 1070
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.