CS/HB 941: Treatment-based Drug Court Programs
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Buchanan
Treatment-based Drug Court Programs; Authorizing a court to offer an option for verification of participation in self-help groups or activities to certain defendants; revising a provision relating to the applicability of certain licensure renewal requirements to certain substance abuse programs, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 81
• Introduced -HJ 81
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 3:30 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 507
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 498
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Committee
• CS referred to Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 525
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 525
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/11/20, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 550
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 550
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/18/20, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 607
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 607
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 893
• Amendment(s) adopted (399711) -HJ 893
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 971
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 971
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 556
• Received -SJ 556
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.