CS/CS/SB 1108: Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Diaz
Education; Authorizing the Department of Education to hold patents, copyrights, trademarks, and service marks; establishing the Innovative Blended Learning and Real-Time Student Assessment Pilot Program within the department; requiring certain students to take a specified assessment relating to civic literacy; requiring certain postsecondary students to complete a civic literacy course and pass a specified assessment to demonstrate competency in civic literacy; requiring school districts to provide the SAT or ACT to grade 11 students beginning in a specified school year, etc.
• Referred to Judiciary; Education; Appropriations -SJ 117
• Introduced -SJ 117
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/22/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 313
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Education
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/30/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 318
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 324
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 479
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/21 -SJ 642
• Read 2nd time -SJ 587
• Amendment(s) adopted (272776) -SJ 587
• Read 3rd time -SJ 588
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 588
• In Messages
• Amendment 882307 filed
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/27/2021)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Amendment 592685 filed
• Amendment 710649 filed
• Amendment 882307 withdrawn
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 710649 adopted
• Amendment 592685 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116, NAYS 0
• Message sent to senate
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 2 amendment(s) (592685, 710649) -SJ 840
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 840
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 840
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-157
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.