CS/HB 1241: Tax Administration
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Stevenson
Tax Administration; Requires tax collectors to accept late payments of prepaid property taxes; specifies severance tax rate for titanium; revises conditions for sales tax exception for tangible personal property exported out of state; specifies application requirements & procedures for forwarding agent; specifies procedures regarding forwarding agents and reporting tax; provides criminal penalties for certain violations; revises recordkeeping requirements for dealers collecting sales & use tax; provides that stolen sales tax revenue may be aggregated for purposes of determining grade of criminal offenses; authorizes DOR to publish list of forwarding agents' addresses on its website.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7061 (Ch. 2021-31)
Bill Text: PDF
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Ways & Means Committee
• Referred to Appropriations Committee
• Now in Ways & Means Committee
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Added to Ways & Means Committee agenda
• Favorable by Ways & Means Committee
• Reported out of Ways & Means Committee
• Now in Appropriations Committee
• Added to Appropriations Committee agenda
• Favorable with CS by Appropriations Committee
• Reported out of Appropriations Committee
• Laid on Table under Rule 7.18(a)
• CS Filed
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/31/2021)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 115, NAYS 0
• In Messages
• Message sent to senate
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 412
• Received -SJ 412
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7061 (Ch. 2021-31)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.