CS/CS/SB 1274: Growth Management
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Community Affairs ; Perry
Growth Management; Providing an exception to a prohibition against legal entities and their members exercising the power of eminent domain over or acquiring title to certain facilities or property; authorizing landowners with development orders existing before the incorporation of a municipality to elect to abandon such orders and develop the vested density and intensity contained therein under specified conditions; revising the required acreage thresholds under which a small scale development amendment may be adopted, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to HB 487 -SJ 699
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 128
• Introduced -SJ 128
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/30/21, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 2 -SJ 342
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 351
• Original reference(s) removed: Commerce and Tourism
• Remaining references corrected to Rules -SJ 383
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 559
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 560
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/21 -SJ 721
• Read 2nd time -SJ 699
• Substituted HB 487 -SJ 699
• Laid on Table, refer to HB 487 -SJ 699
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.