CS/SB 1334: Excise Tax on Documents
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax ; Boyd
Excise Tax on Documents; Providing that modifications of original documents for certain purposes are not renewals and are not subject to document excise taxes, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7061 (Ch. 2021-31)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Finance and Tax (FT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 133
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/03/21, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 133
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 190
• Now in Finance and Tax
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 03/18/21, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Finance and Tax; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 282
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 285
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7061 (Ch. 2021-31)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.