CS/HB 141: Parenting and Time-Sharing of a Minor Child for a Convicted Parent
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Leek ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) McClain
Parenting and Time-Sharing of a Minor Child for a Convicted Parent; Creates rebuttable presumption against shared parental responsibility & time-sharing with minor child for parents who have been convicted of or had adjudication withheld for specified offense.
• Referred to Civil Justice and Property Rights Subcommittee; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Property Rights Subcommittee, 02/03/21, 4:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice & Property Rights Subcommittee
• Reported out of Civil Justice & Property Rights Subcommittee
• Now in Children, Families & Seniors Subcommittee
• Added to Children, Families & Seniors Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Children, Families & Seniors Subcommittee
• Reported out of Children, Families & Seniors Subcommittee
• Now in Judiciary Committee
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Added to Judiciary Committee agenda
• PCS added to Judiciary Committee agenda
• Favorable with CS by Judiciary Committee
• Reported out of Judiciary Committee
• Laid on Table under Rule 7.18(a)
• CS Filed
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/31/2021)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 116, NAYS 0
• In Messages
• Message sent to senate
• Referred to Rules -SJ 409
• Received -SJ 409
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 440
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 932 -SJ 440
• Read 2nd time -SJ 440
• Read 3rd time -SJ 440
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 440
• Immediately certified -SJ 465
• In Messages
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-139
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.