CS/CS/SB 1620: Autonomous Vehicles
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Transportation ; Brandes
Autonomous Vehicles; Defining the term “low-speed autonomous delivery vehicle”; authorizing the operation of a low-speed autonomous delivery vehicle on certain streets and roads; authorizing the operation of a low-speed autonomous delivery vehicle on streets or roads with a posted speed limit of up to 45 miles per hour under specified conditions; providing requirements for low-speed autonomous delivery vehicles; providing that certain fully autonomous vehicles are not subject to certain provisions of law or regulations, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1289 (Ch. 2021-233) -SJ 701
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Transportation; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 154
• Introduced -SJ 154
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/10/21, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 247
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 254
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/24/21, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 312
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 642
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/21 -SJ 721
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 647
• Read 2nd time -SJ 701
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1289 -SJ 701
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1289 (Ch. 2021-233) -SJ 701
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.