SB 2518: Health Care
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations
Health Care; Revising the amount of money residents of a veterans’ nursing home must receive monthly before being required to contribute to their maintenance and support; revising the postpartum Medicaid eligibility period for pregnant women; revising the years of audited disproportionate share data the agency must use for calculating an average for purposes of calculating disproportionate share payments; revising the requirement that the agency make disproportionate share payments to certain specialty hospitals for children to apply to each fiscal year, rather than a specified fiscal year, etc.
Last Action: 6/3/2021 - Chapter No. 2021-41, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2500 (Ch. 2021-36)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/31/21, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/01/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/07/21 -SJ 378
• Introduced -SJ 346
• Read 2nd time -SJ 368
• Read 3rd time -SJ 368
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 368
• The Senate requests that the House pass the bill as passed by the Senate or agree to include the bill in the Budget Conference -SJ 368
• Immediately certified -SJ 368
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Amendment 697079 filed
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Substituted for HB 5201
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 697079 adopted
• Read 3rd time
• Passed as amended; YEAS 117, NAYS 0
• Passed the Senate bill as amended by House and we accede to conference
• Immediately certified
• In returning messages
• Message sent to senate
• Bill placed in Conference (Health Care Appropriations Conference Committee)
• Conference Committee appointed
• Bill placed in Conference (Appropriations Conference Committee/Appropriations)
• Conference Committee appointed: Appropriations Conference Committee/Appropriations: Stargel (Chair), Bean (At Large), Book (At Large), Farmer (At Large), Gibson (At Large), Mayfield (At Large), Passidomo (At Large), Perry (At Large), Rouson (At Large); Appropriations Conference Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government/Agriculture & Natural Resources: Albritton (Chair), Ausley, Berman, Boyd, Bradley, Brodeur, Garcia, Mayfield, Powell, Rodrigues, Stewart, Thurston; Appropriations Conference Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government/State Administration & Technology: Albritton (Chair), Ausley, Berman, Boyd, Bradley, Brodeur, Garcia, Mayfield, Powell, Rodrigues, Stewart, Thurston; Appropriations Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Perry (Chair), Baxley, Bracy, Brandes, Gainer, Pizzo, Rodriguez, Torres; Appropriations Conference Committee on Education/Higher Education: Broxson (Chair), Cruz, Diaz, Gibson, Gruters, Hutson, Polsky, Wright; Appropriations Conference Committee on Education/PreK-12: Broxson (Chair), Cruz, Diaz, Gibson, Gruters, Hutson, Polsky, Wright; Appropriations Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Bean (Chair), Book, Brodeur, Burgess, Diaz, Farmer, Harrell, Jones, Rodrigues, Rodriguez, Rouson; Appropriations Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Infrastructure & Tourism: Gainer (Chair), Ausley, Boyd, Cruz, Garcia, Gibson, Hooper, Mayfield, Perry, Taddeo, Wright; -SJ 507
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 1018
• Conference Committee Report adopted (523362) -SJ 1025
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1025
• In Messages
• Conference Committee Report considered
• Amendment 523362 adopted
• Conference Committee Report adopted
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 117, NAYS 0
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 1290
• Message sent to senate
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-41, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2500 (Ch. 2021-36)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.