CS/SB 286: Fire Sprinklers
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Perry
Fire Sprinklers; Revising the definition of the term “Contractor V”; authorizing certain fire protection system contractors to design certain systems; revising the definition of the term “fire protection system”, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2021 Senate - Ordered enrolled -SJ 844
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/01/21, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 177
• Introduced -SJ 57
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 169
• Now in Banking and Insurance
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/10/21, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 238
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/18/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/25/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 324
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/07/21 -SJ 378
• Read 2nd time -SJ 371
• Read 3rd time -SJ 371
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 371
• Immediately certified -SJ 378
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/27/2021)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 115, NAYS 0
• Message sent to senate
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 844
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.