CS/CS/SB 44: Use of Drones by Government Agencies
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Criminal Justice ; Wright
Use of Drones by Government Agencies; Expanding the authorized uses of drones by law enforcement agencies and other specified entities for specified purposes; requiring the Department of Management Services, in consultation with a specified officer, to publish a list of approved drone manufacturers meeting specified security standards; requiring governmental agencies to discontinue the use of specified drones by a certain date; requiring the department to establish minimum security standards for governmental agency drone use, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2021 Senate - Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 795
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Rules -SJ 36
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/26/21, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 178
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 02/16/21, 12:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 177
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/04/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 36
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 158
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 192
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 225
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/18/21 -SJ 270
• Read 2nd time -SJ 261
• Read 3rd time -SJ 261
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 261, 262
• Immediately certified -SJ 270
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/23/2021)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Amendment 892017 filed
• Amendment 090057 filed
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 1049
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 090057 withdrawn
• Amendment 892017 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 88, NAYS 24
• In returning messages
• Message sent to senate
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (892017) -SJ 795
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 795
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 795
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.