CS/SB 60: County and Municipal Code Enforcement
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Bradley
County and Municipal Code Enforcement; Prohibiting code inspectors designated by boards of county commissioners from initiating investigations of potential violations of codes and ordinances by way of anonymous complaints; prohibiting code inspectors from initiating enforcement proceedings for potential violations of codes and ordinances by way of anonymous complaints; prohibiting code enforcement officers from initiating investigations of potential violations of codes and ordinances by way of anonymous complaints; prohibiting code inspectors designated by governing bodies of municipalities from initiating investigations of potential violations of codes and ordinances by way of anonymous complaints; requiring persons who report potential violations of codes and ordinances to provide specified information to the governing body before an investigation occurs, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2021 House - Message sent to senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/02/21, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 178
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/03/21, 12:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 40
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 163
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 191
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/11/21, 8:15 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 4 -SJ 239
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/18/21 -SJ 270
• Read 2nd time -SJ 269
• Placed on 3rd reading -SJ 269
• Read 3rd time -SJ 292
• CS passed; YEAS 27 NAYS 11 -SJ 292
• Immediately certified -SJ 311
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/27/2021)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 81, NAYS 35
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 843
• Message sent to senate
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.