CS/SB 622: Liens and Bonds
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Perry
Liens and Bonds; Requiring that a copy of a notice of nonpayment be served on the surety; authorizing a lienor to record one claim of lien for multiple direct contracts; revising information to be included in a notice of commencement; requiring that service of documents relating to construction bonds be made in a specified manner, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 House - Died on Second Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 80
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/15/21, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 178
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• Introduced -SJ 80
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 171
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/17/21, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 271
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/25/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 324
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/07/21 -SJ 378
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 378
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/21 -SJ 559
• Read 2nd time -SJ 518
• Amendment(s) adopted (677600) -SJ 518
• Read 3rd time -SJ 523
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 523
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/26/2021)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Amendment 092321 filed
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Died on Second Reading Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.