SB 794: Independent Living Services
GENERAL BILL by Bean
Independent Living Services; Removing a provision requiring the Florida Independent Living Council to assist the Division of Blind Services of the Department of Education; requiring the council to coordinate with centers for independent living; prohibiting the council from engaging in certain activities; requiring the council to comply with state and federal laws and regulations relating to lobbying; increasing the percentage of certain revenues used to administer the James Patrick Memorial Work Incentive Personal Attendant Services and Employment Assistance Program, etc.
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Education; Appropriations -SJ 94
• Introduced -SJ 94
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/16/21, 12:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 270
• Now in Education
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/30/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 324
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/15/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/21 -SJ 559
• Read 2nd time -SJ 512
• Read 3rd time -SJ 512
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 512
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/27/2021)
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• Passed; YEAS 116, NAYS 0
• Message sent to senate
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 845
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-78
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.