CS/CS/SB 1352: Limitations on Political Contributions
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Ethics and Elections ; Brodeur
Limitations on Political Contributions; Defining the term “foreign national”; providing that a foreign national may not make or offer to make certain contributions or expenditures, etc.
Last Action: 3/3/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 921 (Ch. 2022-56) -SJ 550
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 121
• Introduced -SJ 121
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 02/01/22, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 334
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Judiciary
• Remaining references corrected to Rules -SJ 352
• Now in Rules
• CS by Ethics and Elections read 1st time -SJ 350
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/23/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 454
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 457
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/22 -SJ 591
• Read 2nd time -SJ 546
• Amendment(s) adopted (168508, 917348) -SJ 546, 550
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 921 -SJ 550
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 921 (Ch. 2022-56) -SJ 550
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.