CS/SB 1380: Real Property Rights
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Rodriguez
Real Property Rights; Revising rights that are not affected or extinguished by marketable record titles; authorizing owners or operators of private property used for motor vehicle parking to establish rules and rates governing private persons parking on the property; requiring that such rules and rates be posted and clearly visible to persons parking motor vehicles on the property; prohibiting counties and municipalities from enacting any ordinance or regulation attempting to restrict or prohibit the owner or operator from adopting such rules, rates, or fines, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2022 Senate - Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 732
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 123
• Introduced -SJ 122
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/31/22, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 242
• Now in Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/08/22, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 343
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/15/22, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 379
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/22 -SJ 451
• Read 2nd time -SJ 441
• Amendment(s) adopted (512422, 867456, 927158) -SJ 441
• Read 3rd time -SJ 441
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 441
• Immediately certified -SJ 451
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/3/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Substituted for CS/HB 219
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 008505 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 113, NAYS 0
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (008505) -SJ 732
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 732
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 732
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.