SB 1402: Domestic Surplus Lines Insurers
GENERAL BILL by Burgess
Domestic Surplus Lines Insurers; Providing that specified nonadmitted insurers are eligible to transact insurance as domestic surplus lines insurers under certain circumstances; requiring domestic surplus lines insurers to maintain a minimum surplus amount; authorizing domestic surplus lines insurers to write only surplus lines insurance under a specified circumstance; prohibiting such insurers from simultaneously holding any certificate of authority to operate as admitted insurers; providing exemptions from specified requirements for surplus lines insurance policies issued by such insurers, etc.
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/18/22, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 125
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 210
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 01/26/22, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 237
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/09/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 364
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/22 -SJ 451
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/22 -SJ 521
• Read 2nd time -SJ 497
• Amendment(s) adopted (906044) -SJ 505
• Ordered engrossed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 589
• Passed as amended; YEAS 28 NAYS 8 -SJ 589, 590
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.