CS/CS/SB 524: Election Administration
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Ethics and Elections ; Hutson
Election Administration; Requiring the Secretary of State to notify the Attorney General if signatures required for an initiative petition are no longer valid; creating the Office of Election Crimes and Security within the Department of State; revising the frequency with which supervisors of elections must conduct a registration list maintenance program; requiring the Department of State to identify deceased registered voters using information received by specified agencies; requiring specified individuals observing the ballot duplication process to sign a specified affidavit acknowledging certain criminal penalties, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2022 - Chapter No. 2022-73
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 31
• Introduced -SJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 02/01/22, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 5 NAYS 3 -SJ 344
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Community Affairs; Rules
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 352
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Ethics and Elections read 1st time -SJ 346
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/24/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 12 NAYS 8 -SJ 454
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 454
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/22 -SJ 591
• Read 2nd time -SJ 551
• Amendment(s) failed (254940, 576742, 812472, 911450) -SJ 552, 553, 560
• Amendment(s) adopted (203418) -SJ 560
• Ordered engrossed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 685
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 24 NAYS 14 -SJ 686
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/8/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 877031 Failed
• Amendment 242157 temporarily postponed
• Amendment 104691 Failed
• Amendment 242157 Failed
• Amendment 433581 Failed
• Amendment 241923 Failed
• Amendment 047577 Failed
• Amendment 428229 Failed
• Amendment 744331 Failed
• Amendment 555115 Failed
• Amendment 369619 Failed
• Amendment 646597 Failed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 76, NAYS 41
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 814
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-73
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.