CS/CS/SB 692: Sexual Offenses Definitions
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Criminal Justice ; Stewart ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Harrell
Sexual Offenses Definitions; Defining the term “female genitals” and revising the definitions of the terms “sexual battery” and “sexual bestiality”; requiring that HIV test results performed on inmates arrested for sexual offenses involving female genital penetration be disclosed under certain circumstances, etc.
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 43
• Introduced -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/01/22, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 337
• Now in Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/08/22, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 2 -SJ 344
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 347
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/15/22, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 377
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/22 -SJ 451
• Read 2nd time -SJ 450
• Read 3rd time -SJ 450
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 450
• Immediately certified -SJ 451
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/8/2022)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 028079 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117, NAYS 0
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (028079) -SJ 791
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 791
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 791
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-165
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.