CS/CS/SB 1430: Education
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Appropriations Committee on Education ; Avila
Education; Requiring school districts to annually review and confirm that specified information is accurate and up to date; creating the Year-round School Pilot Program for a period of 4 school years beginning with a specified school year; requiring the Commission for Independent Education to annually prepare an accountability report by a specified date; providing requirements for searches of students’ personal belongings; requiring dual enrollment courses to be age and developmentally appropriate; authorizing students to use a combination of volunteer service hours and paid work hours to meet certain program eligibility requirements, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2023 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/CS/HB 1537 -SJ 702
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K -12 (ED)
- Appropriations Committee on Education (AED)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Education Pre-K -12; Appropriations Committee on Education; Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K -12, 03/20/23, 12:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K -12; YEAS 12 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations Committee on Education
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee on Education, 04/18/23, 12:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Appropriations Committee on Education; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/25/23, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 20 NAYS 0
• CS by Appropriations Committee on Education read 1st time
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/23
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time
• Read 2nd time -SJ 701
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 1537 -SJ 702
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/CS/HB 1537 -SJ 702
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.