HB 1591: Electric Vehicle Regulation
GENERAL BILL by Maggard
Electric Vehicle Regulation; Requires PSC to adopt rules relating to electric vehicle charging; rules must be competitively neutral & apply to certain public utilities; requires PSC to adopt rules for orderly transition of existing investments in specified infrastructure used for such stations; prohibits public utility from certain actions relating to electric vehicle charging stations.
Last Action: 5/5/2023 House - Died in Energy, Communications & Cybersecurity Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Referred to Energy, Communications & Cybersecurity Subcommittee
• Referred to State Administration & Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• Referred to Commerce Committee
• Now in Energy, Communications & Cybersecurity Subcommittee
• Added to Energy, Communications & Cybersecurity Subcommittee agenda
• Died in Energy, Communications & Cybersecurity Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.