CS/CS/SB 1648: Public Records/Investigations by the Department of Legal Affairs and Law Enforcement Agencies
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Commerce and Tourism ; Bradley
Public Records/Investigations by the Department of Legal Affairs and Law Enforcement Agencies; Providing exemptions from public records requirements for information relating to investigations by the Department of Legal Affairs and law enforcement agencies of certain data privacy violations; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemptions; providing statements of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 6/20/2023 - Chapter No. 2023-262, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 262 (Ch. 2023-201)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/13/23, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 04/04/23, 8:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Judiciary
• Remaining references corrected to Rules
• Now in Rules
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/24/23, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/23
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time
• Read 2nd time -SJ 609
• Read 3rd time -SJ 609
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 609
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/2/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 356481 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114, NAYS 0
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to House amendment(s) adopted (874232) -SJ 865
• Concurred in House amendment(s) as amended (356481) -SJ 865
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 33 NAYS 7 -SJ 865
• In Messages
• Added to Senate Message List
• Amendment 874232 Concur
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 113, NAYS 0
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-262, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 262 (Ch. 2023-201)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.