CS/SB 190: Interscholastic Extracurricular Activities
Interscholastic Extracurricular Activities; Authorizing charter school students and Florida Virtual School full-time students to participate in extracurricular activities at a private school under certain circumstances; authorizing charter school students to participate in interscholastic extracurricular activities at a private school under certain circumstances; authorizing charter school students and Florida Virtual School full-time program students to participate in interscholastic extracurricular activities at a private school under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/25/2023 - Chapter No. 2023-113, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 225 (Ch. 2023-97)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Pre-K -12; Judiciary; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K -12, 02/07/23, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K -12; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/21/23, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/08/23, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 18 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Rules read 1st time
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/23/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 231
• Read 3rd time -SJ 231
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 231
• Immediately certified -SJ 234
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/20/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Substituted for CS/HB 259
• Read 2nd time
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 116, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-113, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 225 (Ch. 2023-97)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.