SB 244: K-12 Teachers
GENERAL BILL by Calatayud ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Perry
K-12 Teachers; Authorizing the Office of Inspector General within the Department of Education to investigate allegations and reports of suspected violations of certain persons’ rights; establishing the Dual Enrollment Educator Scholarship Program; establishing the Teacher Apprenticeship Program; providing an additional means of demonstrating mastery of subject area knowledge, etc.
Last Action: 3/30/2023 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/04/23
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K -12 (ED)
- Appropriations Committee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education Pre-K -12; Appropriations Committee on Education; Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K -12, 03/06/23, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K -12; YEAS 12 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations Committee on Education
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee on Education, 03/21/23, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee on Education; YEAS 12 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/28/23, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/04/23
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.