CS/CS/SB 250: Natural Emergencies
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Community Affairs ; Martin
Natural Emergencies; Prohibiting counties and municipalities, respectively, from prohibiting temporary shelters on residential property for a specified timeframe under certain circumstances; requiring the Division of Emergency Management to post a model contract for debris removal on its website by a specified date; requiring the model contract to be annually updated by a specified date; requiring the division to administer a revolving loan fund for certain local government projects; increasing the timeframe to exercise rights under a permit or other authorization, etc. APPROPRIATION: $61,000,000
Last Action: 5/1/2023 Senate - Ordered engrossed, then enrolled
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/15/23, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 03/23/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 18 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/03/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 309
• Amendment(s) adopted (375396) -SJ 310
• Read 3rd time -SJ 311
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 311
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/25/2023)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Substituted for CS/HB 7057
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 852423 Failed
• Amendment 791633 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 109, NAYS 4
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (791633) -SJ 669
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 669
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.