CS/CS/SB 312: Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Banking and Insurance ; Collins
Insurance; Revising a minimum coursework qualification for licensure as a life agent; providing that certain restrictions against unfair discrimination or unlawful rebates do not include value-added products or services offered or provided by life or health insurers or by life or health agents if certain conditions are met; providing requirements for and restrictions on such insurers or agents offering or providing such products or services, etc.
Last Action: 6/5/2023 - Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/29/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/04/23, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/24/23, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/23
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time
• Read 2nd time -SJ 601
• Read 3rd time -SJ 601
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 601
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/2/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 115, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.