CS/CS/SB 364: Bereavement Benefits for State Employees
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Avila
Bereavement Benefits for State Employees; Citing this act as the "Respecting Their Sacrifice Act"; authorizing the head of a law enforcement agency to grant specified employees a certain number of hours of administrative leave for a specified purpose; authorizing the head of a law enforcement agency to deny such administrative leave under certain circumstances; authorizing travel expenses for certain members of a law enforcement agency for a specified purpose; increasing the amount to be paid toward the funeral and burial expenses of certain officers killed in the line of duty, etc.
Last Action: 4/27/2023 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 535 -SJ 562
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Criminal Justice; Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/07/23, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Criminal Justice
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/04/23, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0
• Now in Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/13/23, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 562
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 535 -SJ 562
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 535 -SJ 562
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.