CS/CS/SB 540: Local Government Comprehensive Plans
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; DiCeglie
Local Government Comprehensive Plans; Providing that the prevailing party in a challenge to a plan or plan amendment is entitled to recover attorney fees and costs; providing that the prevailing party in a challenge to the compliance of a small scale development order is entitled to recover attorney fees and costs, etc.
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/22/23, 11:00 am, 401 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 3
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/29/23, 12:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 3
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/11/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 5
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 438
• Amendment(s) failed (618462) -SJ 438
• Read 3rd time -SJ 438
• CS passed; YEAS 29 NAYS 10 -SJ 438
• Immediately certified -SJ 438
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/1/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 405461 Failed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 87, NAYS 30
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-115
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.