SB 7022: OGSR/Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission/Safe-school Officers
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Education Pre-K -12 ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Collins
OGSR/Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission/Safe-school Officers; Amending a provision which provides an exemption from public meetings requirements for any portion of a meeting of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Safety Commission at which exempt or confidential and exempt information is discussed; removing the scheduled repeal of the exemption; amending a provision relating to an exemption from public records requirements for information held by specified entities which could identify a safe-school officer; removing the scheduled repeal of the exemption, etc.
• Submitted for consideration by Education Pre-K -12
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K -12, 03/14/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Education Pre-K -12; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/29/23, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/11/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 413
• Read 3rd time -SJ 413
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 413
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/1/2023)
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• Passed; YEAS 117, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-61
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.