CS/SB 732: Collegiate Purple Star Campuses
GENERAL BILL by Education Postsecondary ; Wright ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Collins
Collegiate Purple Star Campuses; Defining the term “military student”; requiring the State Board of Education to adopt rules and the Board of Governors to adopt regulations to establish the Collegiate Purple Star Campuses program; specifying program criteria for participating Florida College System institutions, state universities, and career centers, etc.
• Referred to Education Postsecondary; Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Education Postsecondary, 03/07/23, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Education Postsecondary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security
• CS by Education Postsecondary read 1st time -SJ 140
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 03/21/23, 2:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/30/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 20 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 340
• Read 3rd time -SJ 340
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 340
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/1/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 119, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-160
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.