CS/CS/SB 774: Ethics Requirements for Public Officials
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Ethics and Elections ; Brodeur
Ethics Requirements for Public Officials; Requiring candidates for specified elective offices to file a full and public disclosure at the time of qualifying; requiring commissioners of community redevelopment agencies to complete annual ethics training; requiring specified local officers and members of the Commission on Ethics to file full and public disclosures; deleting a prohibition on including a federal income tax return or copy thereof in a financial disclosure; increasing the maximum civil penalty allowed for certain violations related to statements of financial disclosure, etc.
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 03/14/23, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 8 NAYS 2
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Ethics and Elections read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/30/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 4
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 348
• Amendment(s) adopted (372388) -SJ 348
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 348
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 387
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 35 NAYS 5 -SJ 388
• Immediately certified -SJ 394
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/25/2023)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 37
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 113, NAYS 2
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-49
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.