2004 Florida Statutes
Registration of foreign limited partnership.
620.169 Registration of foreign limited partnership.--Before transacting business in this state, a foreign limited partnership must register with the Department of State. In order to register, a foreign limited partnership must submit to the department, in duplicate, an application for registration as a foreign limited partnership, signed and sworn to by a general partner and setting forth:
(1) The name of the foreign limited partnership or the name adopted for transacting business in this state.
(2) The state, and date, of its formation.
(3) The name and address of any agent for service of process on the foreign limited partnership that the foreign limited partnership elects to appoint; but the agent must be an individual resident of this state, a domestic corporation, or a foreign corporation having a place of business in, and authorized to do business in, this state.
(4) A statement that the Secretary of State is appointed the agent of the foreign limited partnership for service of process if an agent has not been appointed under subsection (3) or, if an agent has been appointed, if the agent's authority has been revoked or the agent cannot be found or served with the exercise of reasonable diligence.
(5) The address of the office required to be maintained in the state of its organization by the laws of that state or, if not so required, of the principal office of the foreign limited partnership.
(6) The name and the business address of each general partner. Each general partner that is a legal or commercial entity and not an individual must be organized or otherwise registered with the Department of State as required by law, must maintain an active status, and must not be dissolved, revoked, or withdrawn.
(7) The address of the office at which is kept a list of the names and addresses of the limited partners and their capital contributions, together with an undertaking by the foreign limited partnership to keep those records until the foreign limited partnership's registration in this state is canceled or withdrawn.
(8) A mailing address for the foreign limited partnership.
An affidavit declaring the amount of the capital contributions of the limited partners and the anticipated amount of the capital contributions of the limited partners that are allocated for the purpose of transacting business in this state must accompany the application for registration.
History.--s. 57, ch. 86-263; s. 8, ch. 90-162; s. 20, ch. 95-242.