Now Accepting Applications for the 2023 Senate Page Program
The Senate Page Program offers students age 15 to 18 an excellent opportunity to visit the Capitol to observe and participate in the legislative process. The application deadline is November 30, 2022.
The 2022-23 General Appropriations Act
Florida’s 2022-23 balanced budget includes unprecedented K-12 funding, historic state reserves and prioritizes investments in public safety, clean water, and environmental infrastructure.
Every child deserves to grow up in a safe, loving home. The Senate is committed to expanding benefits for foster families and relatives willing to take on the responsibility of raising children who cannot live with their parents.
Keep Florida Free
The Florida Legislature passed and Governor DeSantis signed into law the “Keep Florida Free” joint agenda in response to unlawful federal mandates.
- Miya's Law, a Bill Enhancing Renter Protections, Signed into Law June 27, 2022 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Statement by Florida Senate President Wilton Simpson on the SCOTUS Decision in Dobbs v. Jackson June 24, 2022 - Press Release by President's Office
- Statement from Senator Linda Stewart on the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) Opinion on Dobbs V. Jackson Women's Health Organization June 24, 2022 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Senator Bobby Powell’s Statement on SCOTUS Abortion Ruling June 24, 2022 - Press Release by Senator Powell
- Statement by State Senator Kelli Stargel on the SCOTUS Decision in Dobbs v. Jackson June 24, 2022 - Press Release by Senator Stargel
- Statement by Senator Audrey Gibson on SCOTUS Ruling to Overturn 50 years of Roe v. Wade June 24, 2022 - Press Release by Senator Gibson
- Senator Ileana Garcia Appointed to the Statewide Council on Human Trafficking June 16, 2022 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Bobby Powell’s Bill Aiding Retired Law Enforcement K-9’s Signed Into Law June 10, 2022 - Press Release by Senator Powell