Florida’s Reemployment Assistance Program
If your employment has been negatively impacted as a result of the mitigation efforts in Florida to stop the spread of COVID-19, you may be eligible to receive Reemployment Assistance benefits, formerly known as unemployment compensation.
Investing In Our Teachers and School Personnel
HB 5001, Florida’s balanced budget for fiscal year 2020-2021, invests in Florida’s teachers with $500 million in a new Teacher Salary Increase Allocation, along with a $40 per student increase in flexible funding through the Base Student Allocation.
- Florida Unemployment Benefits Watch July 3, 2020 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Senator Keith Perry’s Bill to Increase Music Education in Elementary Schools Signed into Law with Full Funding July 2, 2020 - Press Release by Senator Perry
- Senator Linda Stewart Calls for Statewide Mask Mandate July 2, 2020 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Florida Unemployment Benefits Watch July 2, 2020 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Florida's Environment Wins Big with Signing of Clean Waterways Act & Budget July 1, 2020 - Press Release by Senator Mayfield
- Florida Unemployment Benefits Watch July 1, 2020 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Governor DeSantis Signs Legislation to Require Parental Consent for Abortion, Protect Infants Born Alive June 30, 2020 - Press Release by President's Office
- Legislation to Expand Access to Outdoor Activities & Wildlife Conservation Signed Into Law June 30, 2020 - Press Release by Senator Mayfield