- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2006 Florida Statutes
Economic development centers.
1004.80 Economic development centers.--
(1) Community colleges may establish economic development centers for the purpose of serving as liaisons between community colleges and the business sector. The responsibilities of each center shall include:
(a) Promoting the economic well-being of businesses and industries.
(b) Coordinating, with chambers of commerce, government agencies, district school boards, and other organizations, efforts to provide educational programs which promote economic development, including, but not limited to, business incubators, industrial development and research parks, industry recruitment efforts, publication of business research and resource guides, and sponsorship of workshops, conferences, seminars, and consultation services.
(2) The board of trustees of a community college in which an economic development center is created, or its designee, may negotiate, enter into, and execute contracts; solicit and accept grants and donations; and fix and collect fees, other payments, and donations that may accrue by reason of activities of the center and its staff.
(3) Economic development centers shall operate under policies and procedures established by the community college board of trustees.
(4) The State Board of Education may award grants to economic development centers for the purposes of this section. Grants awarded pursuant to this subsection shall be in accordance with rules established by the State Board of Education.
History.--s. 231, ch. 2002-387.